2000 Honda CBR600F4 – Sport
• 2000 Honda CBR600F4
Honda’s supersport CBR600F4 features race-bred power and Honda’s Pro Frame technology to produce class-leading performance, while maintaining the CBR600’s legendary durability and everyday riding comfort.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· Two-tone Metallic Silver/Red and Dark Orange/Black paint schemes join Yellow/Black and feature Honda racing wing logo.
· High-output engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm with a straight intake tract contributing to superb power throughout the rpm range.
· Pro Frame™ consists of an aluminum twin-spar frame and extruded aluminum swingarm, with a combined swingarm pivot incorporating both engine crankcase and frame-mounted pivot points.
· Class-leading design and manufacturing processes result in a dry weight of just 372.6 pounds.
· Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve four-stroke engine utilizes latest Honda design and manufacturing technologies for incredible mid-range and top-end performance.
· Inclined cylinder-head cover mating surface permits higher placement of the intake camshaft for a straight intake tract providing improved engine efficiency and power.
· RC45™-inspired aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation than conventional sleeves.
· Aluminum alloy pistons feature LUB-Coat solid lubricant to minimize friction between the piston and cylinder wall.
· Ram-air provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, utilizing a two-stage system that precisely balances air pressure within the carburetor float and vacuum chambers with the air flowing through their bores, providing sharp throttle response, linear power delivery and incredible performance at all speeds.
· 36.5mm-bore carburetors offer a simple design for competition tuning.
· Four-into-two-into-one exhaust system feeds single high-output polished stainless steel muffler for maximum power and efficiency.
· Four transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate spark plug cap and high tension lead to produce a high-voltage, long-duration spark, providing maximum performance at high engine output levels.
· Electronic ignition CPU provides digital 3-D mapping for cylinder pairs, creating ideal spark advance settings for all riding conditions.
· Direct, shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
· Mechanical automatic cam-chain adjuster provides quiet, reliable service.
· Seven-plate clutch utilizes a tough lining material to maintain performance and durability.
· cooling system features a series-flow pattern that reduces piston crown and spark plug seat temperatures, resulting in increased power.
· Bearingless water pump is lightweight and features high-efficiency design.
· Round-type high-capacity liquid-cooled oil cooler contributes to lightweight engine design.
· Clutch cover integrates pulser cover and is lighter than traditional designs.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission features ratios carefully matched to engine’s power band.
· Aluminum twin-spar frame utilizes new casting technology processes to create a strong frame with excellent rideability.
· Pro Frame design locates the lightweight extruded aluminum box-section swingarm via a combined pivot in both the frame and the rear of the engine, producing superb handling and high-speed stability with excellent control.
· Lightweight aluminum rear subframe section.
· Rigid, 43mm HMAS™ front fork offers rebound, compression damping and spring preload adjustability.
· 40mm HMAS rear shock assembly utilizes Pro-Link¨ design with external reservoir for plush feel and excellent, well-controlled high-speed damping.
· Twin front calipers feature four pistons each, with special nickel-plate surface treatment to enhance lever feel under repeated hard braking.
· Sintered brake pads and 296mm floating front discs provide ultimate stopping power.
· Hydraulic rear disc brake features single-piston caliper and 220mm disc.
· Hollow three-spoke cast aluminum wheels.
· Wide, 3.5-inch front wheel with 120/70ZR-17 Z-rated front tire and wide, 5.5 inch rear wheel with 180/55ZR-17 Z-rated rear tire.
· Durable, lightweight #525 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· ABS fairing and bodywork provide superb aerodynamic design and excellent weather protection.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Front fairing and rear seat cowl utilize fewer parts for simpler servicing.
· 4.5-gallon fuel capacity.
· High-tech instrument display features thin, lightweight design with analog readouts for engine rpm, speedometer, and water temperature and LCD display for odometer and tripmeter.
· Headlight assembly features a computer designed multi-curvature reflector behind a clear plastic lens.
· Rear cowl storage box for U-type and cable locking devices (not included) under the passenger seat.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Tank pad.
· Magnetic tank bag.
· Cycle cover.
Engine Type 781 cc liquid-cooled 90′ V-4
Bore and Stroke 72mm x 48mm
Compression Ratio 11.6:1
Valve Train Gear-driven, DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Fuel Induction Digital, computer-controlled 36mm programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) with automatic choke
Ignition Digital 3-D mapping, computer-controlled with electronic advance
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive 0-ring-sealed chain
Suspension: Front: 41mm HMAS cartridge fork with stepless spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm with Pro-Link-mounted, HMAS gas-charged shock with 7-position spring preload and stepless rebound damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Brakes: Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: 256mm disc with LBS three-piston caliper
Tires: Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-I7 radial
Wheelbase 56.7 inches
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.3′
Trail. 95.0 mm (3.74 inches)
Seat Height 31.7 inches
Dry Weight 463.0 pounds
Fuel Capacity 5.5 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve
Color Pearl Yellow
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.