2003 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2003 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Standard V-Strom 1000 – 2003 DL1000K3
• Fully-adjustable front fork preload for improved suspension performance.
• New seat cover material for improved comfort and durability.
• New speedometer and tachometer faces for better readability.
2002 Motorcycle of the Year – Rider Magazine
• Sport-styled front fairing for wind protection, plus large comfortable seat, engine guard, and hand guards – fairing includes large multi-reflector 60/55W headlights.
• Large rear luggage rack with rubber-padded platform to help keep bags and luggage in place.
• Aluminum twin-spar frame and aluminum swingarm are lightweight, compact and rigid. Bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance.
• Cartridge-style 43mm front fork provides 6.3 inches of wheel travel for a comfortable ride.
• Link-type rear suspension features a piggyback-style shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster – 6.3 inches of wheel travel.
• Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper.
• Lightweight cast aluminum wheels – F: 2.50 x 19 with 110/80R-19 radial tire, R: 4.0 x 17 with 150/70R-17 rear tire.
• Large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation.
• TL1000-based 996cc 90 degree V-twin, DOHC 8-valve, liquid-cooled engine – tuned for strong low & mid-range torque.
• Electronic fuel injection features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) – maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and improved engine torque.
• New Auto First Idling System (AFIS), automatically sets throttle valve opening during cold engine starts by monitoring coolant temperature.
• Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder.
• Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement.
• Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates smaller 36mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves, plus valve timing with less overlap and reduced lift for emphasis on low-rpm power.
• SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
• Wide-ratio 6-speed transmission with 6th gear over-drive and wide-diameter hydraulic clutch for a light pull at the clutch lever.
• High-efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature – includes compact oil cooler.
• Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound-deadening plastic outer clutch cover.
• High-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum mufflers is tuned to enhance the engine’s torque output.
• PAIR – air injection system reduces CO and HC emissions.
• Compact step-motor speedometer and tachometer with LED illumination, LCD displays – twin tripmeters, odometer temperature gauge, fuel gauge and digital clock.
Engine: 996cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 98 hp (72 kW)/ 7,500 rpm, 104 Nm/ 6.500 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 98.0 x 66.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.3:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2295mm (90.4 in.)
Overall Width: 865mm (34.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1335mm (52.6 in.)
Seat Height: 840mm (32.1 in.)
Ground Clearance: 165mm (6.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1535mm (60.4 in.)
Dry Weight: 207kg (456 lbs.); 209 kg (461 lbs.) CA. model
FRONT: Telescopic, cartridge-type, oil damped, adjustable preload
REAR: Link-type, adjustable spring preload and rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 22 liter (5.8 gal.)
Color: Yellow, Silver
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.