2003 Honda CBR919, CB919, CB900F, Hornet 900
2003 Honda CBR919, CB919, CB900F, Hornet 900
The CBR919 defines what a versatile street bike should be-then ups the ante with aggressive good looks, open-class power, a lightweight chassis and exhilarating performance.
New for 2003
· Exciting new Smoke color joins Asphalt for 2003.
· A muscular 919cc open-class engine–inspired by the previous generation CBR900RR Fireblade–pounds out torque and surprising top-end horsepower.
· A featherweight 194kg dry weight makes the CBR919 the lightest bike in its class.
· The comfortable, upright seating position is ideal for commuting, sport riding and long trips.
· Honda’s latest programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate throttle response.
· Stylish, dual center-up exhausts exit below the rear cowl.
· Massive square-tube mono-backbone frame and a large aluminum swingarm combine to provide an ideal balance of rigidity and flexibility for superb road feel.
· 43mm cartridge front fork, single-shock rear suspension and lightweight cast aluminum three-spoke wheels contribute to exceptional handling.
· Compact 919cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine is tuned for low-end and mid-range power for spirited acceleration.
· One-piece upper crankcase/cylinder assembly, right-side cam-drive design and a narrow, 32 degree included valve angle help make the Hornet engine the lightest, most compact powerplant in its class.
· Sixteen-valve cylinder head with a 10.8:1 compression ratio promotes efficient combustion and high horsepower production.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system is compact, ensures high-rpm durability and allows 25,600 km valve maintenance intervals.
· High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel at 50 psi to four injectors, each mounted in a 36mm throttle body. Fuel is delivered through four laser-drilled nozzle holes in each injector, producing a highly atomized air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
· Advanced programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features a sophisticated throttle sensor and advanced fuel-injection mapping to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding precisely to fine throttle adjustments.
· 16-bit electronic control unit (ECU) provides two digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
· Liquid-cooled oil cooler and a lightweight aluminum radiator keep engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
· Spring-loaded scissors-type gear on the drive side of the crankshaft and a rubber-mounted, floating clutch-cover help reduce noise.
· Weight-saving features include a compact, lightweight one-piece alternator.
· Unique four-into-two-into-one-into-two exhaust design features expanding-diameter tubing leading into the two center-up mufflers, contributing to strong mid-range torque and an exhilarating exhaust note. Stainless steel exhaust header and main pipe are attractive and corrosion-resistant. Polished stainless steel muffler-covers shield passenger’s legs from muffler heat.
· High-capacity, 320-watt AC generator.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
· Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with gear ratios carefully matched to the engine’s power band.
· Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Massive square-tube mono-backbone steel frame utilizes the engine as a stressed frame member. Together with the reinforced steering head, the chassis provides an optimal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for superb handling.
· A single box-section downtube reaches down to a unique front engine-mount that incorporates a cross-member to link the frame to the engine’s solid front mounts.
· Lightweight aluminum swingarm features a large one-piece cast pivot block and extruded triple-box-section spars.
· 43mm cartridge front fork with 120mm of travel offers excellent rigidity for precise action and excellent handling on a variety of road surfaces.
· Lightweight aluminum upper triple-clamp adds rigidity for even better steering control.
· Single-shock rear suspension features a high-quality damper with seven-position-adjustable spring preload, 127mm of plush wheel travel and a remote fluid-reservoir for added suspension control in all riding conditions.
· Braking system features two huge, 296mm front discs with four-piston calipers and a 240mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
· Aluminum-alloy super-light, hollow three-spoke wheels with 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
· Wide, durable vinyl-covered seat with thick foam padding provides plush comfort for commuting and two-up day trips.
· A stylish hugger-type rear fender closely follows the curve of the rear tire.
· Instrumentation includes black-face analog speedometer; tachometer and water temperature with white numerals; digital odometer/tripmeter; indicator lights for neutral, FI (fuel injection), oil pressure, low fuel and high beam.
· 19-litre fuel tank is hinged for servicing ease.
· Aviation-style fuel cap.
· Engine-mounted manual fuel enricher provides smooth idling speed for cold engine starts.
· A bank-angle sensor shuts off fuel supply to the PGM-FI system if the motorcycle tips over and is unaffected by bumps and vibration during normal operation.
· A large multi-reflector headlight with a twin-filament H4 low/high beam provides superb roadway illumination.
· Maintenance-free battery is lightweight with sufficient starting capacity for all riding seasons.
· Rugged plastic chip guards on top of the fork sliders protect the front suspension from flying debris.
· Aluminum passenger grabrail.
· Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
919cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 58mm
DOHC; four valves per cylinder
PGM-FI with manual enricher circuit
#530 O-ring-sealed chain
43mm cartridge fork; 120mm travel
Single shock with seven-position spring preload adjustability; 127mm travel
Dual full-floating 296mm discs with four-piston calipers
Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
1460mm (57.5 in.)
800mm (31.5 in.)
194kg (427 pounds)
19 litres (4.2 gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.