2006 Kawasaki KLX300R
2006 Kawasaki KLX300R
The ideal off-road motorcycle should combine tractable power with a comfortable chassis that can handle challenging trails.
Enter the KLX™300R. With its liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, perimeter frame and plush suspension, this Kawasaki gives off-road riders the balance of power and handling they want.
Designed to be ultra-compact, the KLX300R’s liquid-cooled 292cc engine features dual overhead cams activating four valves atop an Electrofusion-coated aluminum cylinder, which is wear resistant. The engine is wrapped in a high-tensile steel perimeter frame based on the design of Kawasaki’s championship-winning KX™ motocross bikes. A 26.5-degree steering angle and shorter wheelbase contribute to quick handling characteristics.
The KLX300R comes fully loaded with equipment to handle the rigors of trail riding, and is covered by a six-month limited warranty. Standard items include headlight and taillight, odometer, sidestand, hand guards, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and quick adjustment of the O-ring chain, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor, and a large fuel tank with reserve petcock.
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 61.2mm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Six-speed, manual clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.2 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping / 11.2 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 20-way compression damping and 18-way rebound damping / 11.0 in.
Front tire: 80/100×21
Rear tire: 100/100×18
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 83.3 in.
Overall width: 35.8 in.
Overall height: 48.0 in.
Seat height: 36.4 in.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Ground clearance: 12.6 in.
Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
Dry weight: 233.7 lbs.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
*Specifications are subject to change.
Ultra-compact 292cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke Single
– Lightweight piston and connecting rod allow power-producing revs
– Liquid cooling for even-running temperatures, longer engine life and consistent power on hot days
Double Overhead Cams
– A cam lobe for each valve with shim-under tappets has less reciprocating weight for efficiency at high rpm
– Incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder provides superior heat transfer with less weight
– Holds lubrication, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tighter clearances for more horsepower
Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)
– KACR provides quick, easy starts
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Boosts low-end torque
34mm Semi-flat Slide CVK Carburetor
– Precisely meters for good fuel economy
– Provides quick throttle response
Gear-driven Engine Balancer
– Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline
– More rider comfort on long rides
– Positive shifting action and rugged durability with gearing for every situation
– Oil level window provided
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)
– Digital microcomputer delivers a precisely timed spark regardless of rpm changes
– Reliability under extreme conditions
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
– Frame is built of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel
– Straight-line ability is not sacrificed due to the incredible frame rigidity
43mm Upside-down Cartridge Fork
– 20-way compression damping adjustment
– Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Temperature-compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Twin piston front caliper grasps a floating front disc for “single finger” stopping power
– Single piston rear caliper from the KX™250 gives strong, reliable performance
O-ring Drive Chain
– O-rings keep the dirt and water out, while retaining lubrication in for longer chain life
Enduro and Trail Equipment
– Headlight and taillight for long rides or enduro competition requirements
– Odometer to track progress
– Large 2.6-gallon tank allows for long distance riding
– Hand guards fend off the brush
– Snail-type chain adjusters for quick wheel changes and chain adjustments
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor