2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak
THE VULCAN® 1600 MEAN STREAK® IS READY TO RUMBLE
One gaze at the low-slung good looks of the Kawasaki Vulcan® 1600 Mean Streak® and its hard to imagine any serious motorcyclist not being interested in this liquid-cooled, fuel-injected power cruiser. It quickly becomes obvious that swinging a leg over this cruiser will open a new world of torque, acceleration, and the admiring looks of other riders. And that’s just the way Kawasaki’s engineers and designers planned it.
The Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak’s 1,552cc V-twin engine packs a punch with features such as liquid cooling, electronic fuel injection, dual spark plug digital ignition and four valves per cylinder. It also features hydraulic valve lash adjusters to reduce maintenance and a gear-driven counter balancer to keep everything running smoothly.
The Mean Streak’s chassis provides the rider with nimble handling and high-speed stability unmatched by the competition. Sportbike-style 43mm inverted forks and a reinforced swingarm with dual air-assisted hydraulic shocks soak up bumps and other irregularities in the road. Stopping power is provided by dual radial mount front disc brakes with grippy six-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake.
In the cruiser world, appearances and rider comfort are every bit as important as massive power, so Kawasaki polished the valve covers and cooling fins for a bright, high-performance image. The 1600 Mean Streak’s bright 17-inch aluminum wheels enhance the bike’s high-class image, while high-performance radial tires provide exceptional grip and stability.
– 1,552cc / 95ci 50 degree V-twin provides abundant low- and mid-rpm power
– Polished valve covers and cooling fins enhance the bright, sporty image
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation
– Boosts low-end torque and provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters
– Keeps valves quiet with no maintenance, and no adjustment is required
Digital Fuel Injection
– Provides excellent engine response and power with less fuel consumption
– Two different systems are switched and used automatically according to engine load for accurate fuel-injection control
– Compact electronic control unit processes information faster for better engine response
Dual Throttle Bodies
– Dual 40mm throttle bodies use one injector for each cylinder
– Separate intake tract for each throttle body provides smoother engine operation
– Four nozzles at the tip of each injector, with two nozzles aimed at each intake valve
Dual Plug Digital Ignition
– Microprocessor-controlled timing seldom needs adjustment
– Two spark plugs in each combustion chamber cut detonation for added durability
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft to maximize the power-pulse feeling
– All but eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
Close-Ratio Five-Speed Transmission With Positive Neutral Finder
– Combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
– Positive neutral finder helps ensure riders can find neutral easily, every time
– Reliable, quiet, low-maintenance system
Hydraulic Clutch Release
– Easy to operate and maintain
– 43mm inverted fork designed specifically for the Mean Streak
– Swingarm cross bar utilizes two square tubes instead of monocoque design for improved torsional rigidity
– Clean, seamless design boasts a full 4.5-gallon capacity
– Ignition switch centrally mounted on the fuel tank for easy access
Large-Diameter Reflector Beam Headlight
– Bright, focused beam to light the way
17-inch Aluminum Wheels With Radial Tires
– Radial tires front and rear on 17-inch cast-alloy wheels make a performance statement
– Wide 170 / 60R17 rear tire delivers excellent traction
– Radial-mounted four-piston front brake calipers provide sportbike level stopping power
– Dual 320mm semi-floating front discs enhance rider feedback
– Single rear disc brake with twin piston caliper handles the stopping chores
Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, 50° V-Twin
Displacement: 1,552 cc
Bore and Stroke: 102.0 x 95.0 mm
Maximum Torque: 94.3 lb-ft @ 2,500 rpm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Fuel Injection: DFI with Keihiin 36mm Throttle Bodies (2)
Ignition: TCBI Dual Plug Digital Advance
Final Drive: Shaft
Rake/Trail: 32°/5.7 in.
Front Wheel Travel: 5.9 in.
Rear Wheel Travel: 3.4 in.
Front Tire Size: 130/90-17
Rear Tire Size: 170/60-17
Wheelbase: 67.1 in.
Front Suspension: 43mm Inverted Cartridge-Type Fork
Rear Suspension: Twin Air-Adjustable Shocks, 4-Way Rebound Damping
Front Brake Type: Dual 320mm Discs with Opposed 6-Piston Calipers
Rear Brake Type: Single 300mm Discs with Opposed 2-Piston Calipers
Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.5 gal.
Seat Height: 27.6 in.
Dry Weight: 640 lb.
Color: Ebony, Ebony (New Flame Metallic Persimmon Red)
Warranty: 12 months
Good Times Protection Plan: 24, 36 or 48 months