2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak
KAWASAKI’S VULCAN® 1600 MEAN STREAK® OFFERS MUSCULAR TORQUE AND SLEEK STYLING
Enhanced capabilities for serious riders
The mean streets demand a motorcycle with enough attitude to stand-out from the crowd. Kawasaki kept this in mind when designing the Vulcan® 1600 Mean Streak®. Take a closer look, and it will quickly becomes obvious that swinging a leg over this cruiser will open a new world of torque, acceleration, and earn the admiring looks of other riders.
Unlike most cruisers, the Mean Streak enjoys nimble handling with excellent high-speed stability. Sportbike-style 43mm inverted forks and a reinforced swingarm with dual air-assisted hydraulic shocks aid handling, while still offering enough compliance to offer the smooth journey demanded by cruiser riders. Dual radial-mount front disc brakes and four-piston calipers lend additional street credibility and excellent stopping power to the Mean Streak’s bag of tricks.
The Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak’s 1,552cc V-twin engine offers a smooth wave of torque to make your ride more entertaining, thanks to high-tech features like liquid cooling, electronic fuel injection, dual spark plug digital ignition and four valves per cylinder.
In the cruiser world, appearances and rider comfort are every bit as important as massive power, so Kawasaki polished the valve covers and cooling fins for a bright, high-performance image. The 1600 Mean Streak’s bright 17-inch aluminum wheels enhance the bike’s high-performance image, while radial tires provide exceptional grip and stability
– 1,552cc / 95 cu. in. 50° V-twin provides abundant low- and mid-rpm power
– Polished valve covers and cooling fins enhance the bright, sporty image
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation
– Boosts low-end torque and provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters
– Keeps valves quiet with no maintenance, and no adjustment is required
Digital Fuel Injection
– Provides excellent engine response and power with less fuel consumption
– Two different systems are switched and used automatically according to engine load for accurate fuel-injection control
– Compact electronic control unit processes information faster for better engine response
Dual Throttle Bodies
– Dual 40mm throttle bodies use one injector for each cylinder
– Separate intake tract for each throttle body provides smoother engine operation
– Four nozzles at the tip of each injector, with two nozzles aimed at each intake valve
Dual Plug Digital Ignition
– Microprocessor-controlled timing
– Two spark plugs in each combustion chamber cut detonation for added durability
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft to maximize the power-pulse feeling
– All but eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
Close-Ratio Five-Speed Transmission With Positive Neutral Finder
– Combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
– Positive neutral finder helps ensure riders can find neutral easily, every time
– Reliable, quiet, low-maintenance system
Hydraulic Clutch Release
– Easy to operate and maintain
– 43mm inverted fork designed specifically for the Mean Streak
– Swingarm cross bar utilizes two square tubes instead of monocoque design for improved torsional rigidity
– Clean, seamless design boasts a full 4.5-gallon capacity
– Ignition switch centrally mounted on the fuel tank for easy access
Large-Diameter Reflector Beam Headlight
– Bright, focused beam to light the way
17-inch Aluminum Wheels With Radial Tires
– Radial tires front and rear on 17-inch cast-alloy wheels make a performance statement
– Wide 170 / 60R17 rear tire delivers excellent traction
– Radial-mounted four-piston front brake calipers provide sportbike level stopping power and excellent rider feedback
– Dual 320mm semi-floating front discs reduce fade
– Single rear disc brake with twin piston caliper
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, 50-degree V-twin
Displacement: 1,552cc / 95ci
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 95.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection with dual 40mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Dual Plug TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 5.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual air-assisted shocks with four-way rebound damping / 3.4 in.
Front tire: 130/90×17
Rear tire: 170/60×17
Brakes, front: Dual 320mm hydraulic discs with four-piston calipers
Brakes, rear: 300mm disc
Overall length: 94.9 in.
Overall width: 33.5 in.
Overall height: 43.3 in.
Ground clearance: 4.9 in.
Seat height: 27.6 in.
Dry weight: 640 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 67.1 in.
MSRP / Color choices: $11,099 Ebony; $11,299 Metallic Flat Spark Black / Frame Persimmon Red