2005 Kawasaski Ninja 500R – EX500
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R – EX500
The 2005 Kawasaki NINJA® 500R sportbike has all the elements of a great mid-sized sportbike: torquey parallel twin engine, nimble chassis, comfortable ergonomics and wind protection, and sleek NINJA styling. It’s also inexpensive to own and operate.
Riders of all skill levels will appreciate the NINJA 500R’s liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder four-stroke engine. With dual overhead cams actuating four valves per cylinder, the snappy motor is user-friendly and inspirational. Indeed, exploring the top end of this engine’s rev range is entertaining for even the most seasoned riders.
The high-performance engine isn’t the only selling point for the NINJA 500R. On twisty back roads, the bike’s lightweight, compact design makes for a great-handling machine. This is complemented by Kawasaki’s UNI-TRAK® progressive rear suspension system, standard fare on the larger-displacement NINJA models.
The NINJA 500R also has the sporty styling of its larger siblings, which contribute to both form and function—the aerodynamic half-fairing provides wind protection for the rider, and is stylishly complemented by a lower fairing.
Features & Benefits
– Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
– Compact parallel-twin design
– Superior engineering produces sportbike power with broad usable torque
– Liquid Cooling
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Includes temperature gauge
– Auxiliary Cooling Fan
– Maintains optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
– Four Valves per Cylinder
– Better breathing for more power at high rpm
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– 34mm CVK Semi-flat Slide Carburetors
– Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
– Quick throttle response
– Digital Ignition
– Microprocessor-controlled timing never needs adjustment
– Ultra-responsive to engine needs
– Six-speed Transmission
– Provides excellent acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
– Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
– A Kawasaki exclusive
– Standard Half Fairing
– Offers rider wind protection for more comfort
– Incorporates large, easy-to-read instruments with dual trip meters
– Double-cradle Steel Box-section Frame
– Lightweight, with superior rigidity for more precise handling and better control
– Centerstand included for convenience
37mm Front Fork
– Large-diameter fork tubes with thin walls for light weight and exceptional rigidity
– Front Disc Brake with Dual-piston Caliper
– Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
– Dual-piston caliper increases braking effectiveness
– Rear Disc Brake
– Powerful and controllable
– Single-piston caliper
– Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
– Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
– Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
– 17-inch Wheels
– Wide, modern 17-inch rims fit low-profile, high-performance tires
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.8:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
Rake / trail: 27° / 3.6 in.
Suspension type, front: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension type, rear: UNI-TRAK® system with single shock
Wheel travel, front: 5.1 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.9 in.
Tire, front: 110/70 x 17 tubeless
Tire, rear: 130/70 x 17 tubeless
Brakes, front / rear: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 82.5 in.
Overall width: 27.6 in.
Overall height: 45.7 in.
Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
Seat height: 30.5 in.
Dry weight: 388 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Color: Ebony/Metallic Graystone, Candy Thunder Blue/Ebony