2007 Yamaha Road Star
2007 Yamaha Road Star
It comes by its reputation honestly.
The big-bore air-cooled V-twin cruiser that has what it takes to be the bike you want it to be wild-hearted radical custom, lovingly polished stocker, or the look you know is just right for you.
The 2007 Road Star sets the standard in big twin performance and style.
At the heart of this machine is a massive, air-cooled 1670 cm³ V-Twin that pumps out an awesome amount of piston pounding torque. But “The Roadie” is more than just muscle. Legendary Star styling and attention to detail make it a rolling piece of art that you’ll be proud to ride.
Canadian model will feature spoked wheels.
• 1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
• 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
• Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase-mounted camshafts deliver exceptional performance and reduce maintenance needs.
• Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity.
• Forged pistons offer great durability and lightweight for fast response.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
• Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
• Single Mikuni BSR 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features an accelerator pump, carburetor heater and classic side-mounted air filter to ensure great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range. The throttle position sensor is linked to the CDI and supplies info about throttle opening so the CDI can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
• High-capacity air intake system with paper type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special narrow design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
• Dry sump lubrication system with handy, spin-on oil filter, creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height. The oil tank is located under the seat.
• Large-flywheel crankshaft delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that incredible V-twin “pulse” feel.
• 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. The 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
• 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered, dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
• Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32° rake.
• Long 1,685mm (66.3″) wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
• Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
• 43mm front forks with large-diameter covers and 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel smoothes out the ride.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and a relaxed, comfortable ride.
• Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight for that classic, “hardtail look”. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature R1-inspired, monoblock, 4-piston calipers with chrome “buttons” accenting the outer piston covers. The dual disc brake set-up eliminates the unsettling twisting effect of a single disc set-up found on some cruisers.
• 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
• Separate rider and passenger seats provide lots of support and comfort. Passenger seat can be easily removed.
• Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration.
• Separate sub frame positioned under deeply valanced rear fender allows easy customization with numerous accessible mounting points.
• Deeply valanced steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
• Wide tires on beautifully spoked, chrome wheels evoke the classic retro cruiser.
• 20-litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
• Wide, swept-back, 1″-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration on the rider’s hands.
• Beautiful braided steel-look throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
• Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design with raised 3D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
• Diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
• Stylish turn signals with custom looking clear lenses are self canceling
• Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light. It is small details like this that separate the Star series of cruisers from the rest of the crowd.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• 3-dimensional, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
• Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
• Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
• Electric fuel pump
• Factory-installed passing lamp relay speeds the installation of the accessory passing lamp kit available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
• Canadian model will feature spoked wheels.
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°,V-twin
Displacement 1,670 cc
Bore and Stroke 97 x 113 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Maximum Torque 14.7 kg-m (106.3 ft-lbs.) @ 2500rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BSR40 x 1
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) 43 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320 mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 150/80-16
Length 2,500 mm (98.4″)
Width 980 mm (38.6″)
Height 1,140 mm (44.9″)
Wheelbase 1,688 mm (66.5″)
Rake / Trail 32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
Ground Clearance 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height 710 mm (28″)
Dry Weight 312 kg (686.4 lb)
Fuel Capacity 20 litres (4.4 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Silver; Deep Metallic Red
USA: $11,399 (Candy Red/Black Cherry Scallops) Available from July 2006
$11,399 (Metallic Silver/Liquid Silver Flames) Available from July 2006