2007 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Tour Deluxe
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Tour Deluxe
The 2007 Royal Star Midnight Tour Deluxe is the ultimate 2-for-1 deal.
Two bikes for the price of one. All you have to do is pop on the quick-release touring windshield and passenger backrest, and in a matter of a few seconds, you’ve magically transformed your cool cruiser into a long-haul touring bike. With no compromises in style or comfort. Hit the road.
• 1,294cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, V-4 engine is tuned to produce class-leading power – 98hp @ 6,000 rpm and maximum torque of 89 ft-lb @ 4,750 rpm – for incomparable touring performance.
• 4 valves per cylinder design ensures maximum breathing efficiency for great engine performance.
• Four Mikuni BDSR 32mm carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response.
• Each carburetor features a single 15-watt heater to ensure consistent fuel/air delivery under varying outside air temperatures.
• Dual intake system enhances performance by maximizing the intake volume without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
• Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
• Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration for maximum rider comfort.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission with 4th and 5th overdrive gears reduces engine rpm at highway speeds for smooth, relaxed touring.
• Maintenance-free, light-action hydraulic clutch
• Smooth, clean, quiet, low-maintenance shaft drive
• 4-into-2 exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
• Maintenance-free, transistorized coil ignition provides a precise timing curve at all rpms for instant engine response and fast, sure starts.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
• Spin-on type oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
• Easy-to-use heel-toe shifter highlights the Tour Deluxe’s classic design.
• High-strength, double-cradle frame with solid engine mounting and 28.8° caster angle (131mm of trail) delivers responsive steering and excellent stable handling qualities.
• Rigid steel swingarm features a hollow left side”arm” that allows the shaft drive to pass through it. Special reinforcements have been added between the swingarm pivot shaft and the arms for optimum rigidity. The benefit is predictable, relaxed handling with excellent stability thanks, in part, to the extra long 1,715mm (67.5″) wheelbase.
• Exceptionally roomy ergonomics for maximum rider and passenger touring comfort.
• Air-adjustable, 43mm front fork with 140mm (5.6″) of wheel travel smoothes out the bumps and can be adjusted for varying load capacities.
• Air-adjustable, link rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock for that classic hardtail look and outstanding long-distance ride quality. Rear wheel travel is 105mm (4.1″).
• Air adjustability allows the rider to adjust both front and rear suspension preload to match load and road conditions.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes features twin piston calipers while a 4-piston caliper squeezes the single 320mm rear disc. Both front and rear brakes provide strong, linear stopping power.
• Quick, detachable windshield with integrated lower wind deflectors provides excellent wind and weather protection. This windshield can be detached, via a dual lever style mechanism, within seconds. This design offers the best of two worlds, excellent touring comfort while at the same time allowing the owner to quickly change the unit into a stylish cruiser once at his/her destination.
• Easy-to-reach, large-diameter, 1-inch, rubber-mounted handlebars provide a comfortable riding position. Polished bar end handlebar weights with special rubber dampers further reduce vibration and maximize rider comfort.
• Roomy separate rider and passenger seats provide all-day riding comfort and support. The overall seat height is 740mm (29.1), making it easier to plant both feet firmly on the ground.
• Quick detachable passenger backrest provides excellent long distance comfort and increases confidence for the passenger. It’s quick-detach design allows a fast transformation from touring machine to stylish cruiser- ready to turn heads on your local downtown strip.
• Full-size- floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
• 20-liter fuel tank provides an important styling highlight while still providing a good touring-type extended riding range.
• Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility while cutting a stylish profile. The new chrome headlight bezel provides a strikingly stylish design.
• “Vintage-style”, digital instrumentation features a traditional analog look display. The instrument console features include: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters and a fuel gauge plus a range of warning lights. The cruise control activation lights are mounted in the centre of the console.
• Convenient electronic cruise control system. The cruise control operation switch is conveniently located on right handlebar switchgear for ease of use. The operating range is from approx. 50 to 130km per hour.
• Colour-matched, hard saddlebags feature handy, one-touch openers and offer 35-litres of space per bag. A rugged chrome bar is mounted in front of the saddlebags for extra protection.
• Low-maintenance, sealed 18-amp hour battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
• Self-canceling turn signals with clear lenses
• Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint, brushed stainless steel accents, and deep valanced steel fenders.
• Numerous chromed engine parts highlight pride of ownership and attention to detail.
• Ignition switch, with integrated steering lock, and accessory position is mounted at the front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
• Polished, aluminum handlebar switches
• Extra wide clutch and brake levers give that quality feel
• Steering lock
• Exclusive Royal Star 5-year unlimited mileage warranty
Engine liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 70°, V-4
Displacement 1,294 cc
Bore and Stroke 79 x 66 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Maximum Torque 12.3 kg-m (89 ft-lb)@ 4,750 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BDSR32
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmission 5-speed wide ratio
Final Drive shaft
Suspension (Front) 43 mm air adjustable fork
Suspension (Rear) Air-assisted,link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320 mm disc
Tires (Front) 150/80-16
Tires (Rear) 150/90-15
Length 2,505 mm (98.6″)
Width 1,010 mm (39.8″)
Height 1,525 mm (60″)
Wheelbase 1,715 mm (67.5″)
Rake / Trail 28° / 131 mm (5.2″)
Ground Clearance 150 mm (5.9″)
Seat Height 740 mm (29.1″)
Dry Weight 357 kg (784.4 lb)
Fuel Capacity 20 litres (4.4 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black
MSRP* $18,999 CDN