2006 Honda VTX1800C Spec 3
2006 Honda VTX1800C Spec 3
For riders who want street-rod styling and thundering torque, the VTX1800C offers a distinctive minimalist style.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– The VTX®1800C is available in these exciting new color schemes: Black/Flame and Metallic Silver.
– VTX1800C is available in three distinct build variations: Spec 1, 2 and 3.
– Show-stopping street-rod styling.
– Minimalist-design front and rear steel fenders complement the VTX’s street-rod styling.
– Custom-design wedge-shape mirrors.
– Bullet-style turn signals feature chrome visors, clear lenses and amber flasher bulbs.
– Flangeless 4.8-gallon fuel tank.
– Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 27.6-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
– Semi-swept handlebar provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
– Handsome chromed two-into-one exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
– Wide, low, 130/70R-18 radial front tire enhances street-rod styling and delivers superb handling.
– Aggressive 180/70R-16 radial rear tire puts the engine’s awesome power to the ground and provides exceptional traction.
– ECU-controlled, closed-loop emission control system utilizes an air injection system and three-way exhaust catalyzer to simultaneously reduce emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx). California model exceeds CARB 2008 standards.
Spec 3 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Chrome-plated aluminum handlebar risers and speedo cap.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Highly polished aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Chrome steel covers.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Highly polished cast aluminum.
– Switch Housings: Hairline satin brushed finish.
– Radiator Cover: Chromed steel sidecovers.
– Footpegs: Oval shaped chrome plated cast aluminum.
– Final Drive Housing: Hairline satin brushed with chrome-plated axle cap and fasteners.
– Wheels: Highly polished cast aluminum.
– Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin that hammers out immense power–106bhp at 5000 rpm and 120 lb./ft. of torque at 3500 rpm.
– V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
– Offset dual-pin crankshaft with two primary-shaft-mounted balance weights allows a high-performance engine design while eliminating harsh engine vibration. The result: muscular power across a broad rpm range for unequaled acceleration and roll-on performance.
– The 41.4-pound forged steel crankshaft uses bolted weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the engine’s V-twin design.
– Each three-valve cylinder head features two large, 36mm intake valves and a huge, 45mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the air/fuel charge.
– Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– 4.5-liter airbox supplies a large volume of cool, clean air to the engine.
– Advanced high-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features 42mm-diameter throttle bodies delivering air to two specially designed Denso 50-psi high-pressure fuel injectors. Fuel is delivered through 12 nozzle holes in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for maximum efficiency and power.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides individual digital 3-D fuel injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– A unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power, and a lower engine height.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Primary drive gear uses a cam-type damper to minimize powertrain lash.
– Sturdy, maintenance-free eight-plate hydraulic clutch with clutch-center damper assures smooth gear shifting.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Driven flange design at the final drive gear eliminates final drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
– Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine’s power and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
– Large, 45mm inverted front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– The VTX’s braking system features two three-piston front calipers and a single two-piston rear caliper. Rider application of the front brake lever activates the two outer pistons of the front calipers. Application of the rear brake pedal activates the two pistons of the rear caliper and the center pistons of the front calipers. When only the rear brake pedal is used, an inline delay valve smooths application of the front caliper center pistons.
– Distinctive, chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful, 55W/60W halogen bulb with a computer-designed multi-reflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Tank-mounted chrome nacelle houses the fuel cap, tripmeter/odometer reset and indicator/warning lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral indicator, low fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and fuel injection.
– Large speedometer with easy-to-read numerals.
– Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips with polished aluminum handlebar switch-housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– Reliable, 300-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free battery.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 130/70R-18 radial
Rear: 180/70R-16 radial
Wheelbase: 67.6 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 31.45°
Trail: 152mm (5.7 inches)
Seat Height: 27.6 inches
Dry Weight: 734 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons
(Spec 1 available in Black Flame only)